Friday, October 22, 2010

PC Repair Mississauga - CSD Computers - 905-608-9935


Buying A Computer? Where To Start?

Many people have been asking me what to look for when buying a new computer. My response is to ask them “what will they be using the computer for?” Most times they then shrug their shoulders and give me a funny look. The main point is to first ask yourself how you are going to be using this computer.

There is a difference. A person that is going to play high end PC video games is going to require a vastly different system compared to the person that’s doing the regular computer usage (browsing, paying bills online and just checking their email). This is the key, figure out what you’re using the computer system for before you purchase your computer system.

The second key point I give is to have a clear budget set aside for your personal computer purchase. I’ve heard plenty of stories of people going to buy a computer without a budget come out of the store with a computer that has cost them $1,000 - $2,000 when a $500 computer system would have suited their needs just fine.

Now, comes the ultra exciting part of choosing your computer hardware components. There are too many variables to discuss within this post (CPU, hard drive, motherboard, memory, video card…etc) but you may want to ask yourself these questions; do I store a lot of (music, videos, and pictures)? Do I want to have a motherboard that allows me to increase my memory or CPU in the future? What are the minimum system requirements for computer applications I will be using on this computer?

This may sound a bit confusing but if, you’re conscious of these points it will help you purchase the most effective computer system for your personal or business use and it will help you purchase the computer at better price point.

Take Care,

CSD Computers

3145 Dundas St West, Unit 10A

Mississauga, Ontario, L5L-5V8

http://www.CSDweb.net

Tel: 905-608-9935

No comments:

Post a Comment